Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Getting Settled

Hey everyone,

we've been in Zambia for about half a week. We're getting settled although the racial thing I was talking about will eb there for some time... Vinjelu's mom was a comfort though, she was able to encourage me in that.

Anyway, I am now in town with Philip vinjelu's cousin... my cousin :) We were just picking up a few things. Sorry I would have put pictues but didn't bring the camera, and around here computers aren't as fast... so it takes time. But you will get to see some pictures maybe by next week we will be able to post some.

Tomarrow we are visiting the YWAm Lusaka base, so that will be fun, meeting all those people. We will also be diuscussing what we will eb doing when we come next year. We have dates with some families to eat dinner with them and stuff... so we're meeting alot of poeple, er I am meeting alot of people.

Vinjelu, Philip anmd I cooked up dinners all day yesterday so when we come home late we have dinnersd already made in the freezer, it was fun actually. Although i have been feeling sick once and a while in my stomoch, we thinkg i just need to get used to the water.

On the Farm...
Besides us (The Muyaba's) there are three other fmailies living on the farm, they are workers. In all there are 10 children ranging from 14-not even born yet... so we have life on the farm , poeple and children. The workers take care of the vegetables, Maze, yard, house, and fruite trees. So it's nice. It's a bit funny having a lady who cleans the house, but it really helps her family with money actually. Her and Her Husband (Mr. & Mrs. Banda) both work on the farm and are making enough to build a house else where, and will be renting it out, so there is development there. It's very encouraging to see.

Thats it for now, I will write later I guess, in the next few days.

Oh, my anckle is doing better, it just hurts if I walk to long on it. I hope it recovers soon completely.

Love you all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

question - how many of you on the farm are Muyaba's? is it 3 or 4 or more? also, do the workers live in other buildings on your property, or do they go to their own homes elsewhere at night? Or, is there space for them in your house? (I don't think it looks big enough for thata, from what I can remember) For that matter, what is your house like? describe it and your furniture, etc. is it like home or very different? Are you preparing African food or canadian food, or is there much of a difference? Wondering minds want to know.
Love you guys, I'm glad to hear things are settling down. I'm sure Vinj is glad to be home, but I hope he misses us, too. He would like the weather we've been having - it's been HOT all week - up to 95F (averaging probably 30C). I'm at Dad's until Thursday then I have to be at home to look after the dogs while Dan is at camp. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Vinjath, Nice to see you beginning to settle in. Who is in charge of everyone on the farm? Who manages the accounts? All questoins that will be answered to due time I would expect. It is it sounds like the farm is very busy with lots of people working every day. When you get to know everyone, can you make a family tree of everyone on the farm with their first and last names, ages, repsonsiblities and wages. How big is the freezer that you can put your suppers into?

I found a really neat tool that makes water by pulling the water from the humidity in the air. Christians came up with the idea and have installed the devices where there are no wells or where the wells are contaminated. The smallest of the water machines makes 155 litres per day. The big machines make 1000's of litres per day. Interesting.

Mike and Tor said...

LOL Hey Vinj and Kath cool blog, sounds like your doing ok getting settled in, heard you sprained your ankel just before you got there were praying for you guys.We have a blog site aswell now http://michaelandvictoria.blogspot.com/ take a look leave a word.

LOL By the way, for nosest question first place goes to............... drum roll
ANONYOUS
" When you get to know everyone, can you make a family tree of everyone on the farm with their first and last names, ages, repsonsiblities and wages. How big is the freezer "

LOL ahhhh Thnx anonymous i need a good laugh today.
Just so you know whos writing this is michael (only) lol

Mike and Tor said...

just so you know in your quote at the top by Bono - I think you meant flames not falmes...if not - what is a falm???
Lol- tor

Mike and Tor said...

Ya i knew it was you that wrote that one dad lol. But that machine that you were talking about, sounds really interesting. Where did hear about that?

~*Trisha*~ said...

Hey guys,
I am glad to see that you are finally there and doing ok. I am so sorry that your flights were so bad. Vinj, how did your upgraded seats end up? I miss you guys and am praying for you both. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie pie! It is Keltie and Andrew! I am so sorry about all the struggles you had getting to Zambia, a less strong person would have laid down and cried (I know I would have). Glad to hear you are there safe with your man, Hi Vinj! Miss you and love ya, I'll write more soon! Here's Andy HEy sis itsme your brother...... Andrew.i can not say how proud i am of you. youre one of the strongest people i know. i miss u kath. cant wait to see you guys again. and vinj, take care of my little sister. i know you will but i just alwasy wanted to say that for fun. na di finaly have a copie of your songs. so i will try to put soemthing togetther for u whenu get back.

Anonymous said...

http://www.break.com/index/hiroakitagawa.html just a little shindig