Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Feeling at Home

I-Kathryn

Am feel much more at home, able to get around knowing where I am, and also the language is a big thing as well... wich I am getting to know more and more everyday. It feels just normal waking up here and the rutine you go through in the morning. (Exceot boiling water for 10 people in the mornign to bath takes HOURS!!!)

The sounds, the gecko's, spiders, weirs flying things every where.... I'm used... it's nice actually. People have come to know me and even some to love me, it's comforting, and I am very thankful. I know that I fit into this make shift family here, and that toughes me deeply. I wondered what ti would be like being in a family with no mom and dad, it's interesting. But other poeple fulfill those roles some how... I look forward to having long chats with Vinjelu's mom about how life was like for her here... in amongst different culture, family, oh ya and color.

Gotta go...

Kath

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling at home in Zambia. It will be much easier to let you go for a longer period of time if you are not anxious about it yourself. Thank you for telling us this.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

thats awesome kath im realy glad that you are getting more respect as a balck mans wife. people are strange. dont get to comforable down there i expect you home in about a month. hehe. good job on planing the party for gawnarri. i dont know i fi spelled that right. it put a smile on my face wheni read that. two thumbs up for kathryn. love u lots
andy

Mike and Tor said...

Hey Kath,
It's so good to hear that you are doing well. It's great to hear that you are feeling more at home and starting to "settle". I'm glad that you felt Gwanire's stagette was a success...it always feels like so much pressure to make sure it turns out well...and when it does it's so nice, especially for a new sister! Miss you, and love you. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Say hi to Vinj for us and give him a hug from us. Have fun at the wedding and take lots of pics.

Rob... said...

can you touch the geckos or do you just leave them to run up and down the walls? Have you seen any snakes? It sound so cool. Glad to hear you are starting to feel at home and notice the nice things all around you.Things are alot easier to handle if you know what to expect.
lana

Anonymous said...

kath and vinj i have been trying to call you for a week and every time there is no one home or something . i just wanted to say that me going to street invaders was a sucsses, thank you kath for refocusing me on it when i was doubting. cant wait to see you guys and to talk to you vinj i miss you guys so much. we will have fun together when you guys stay with us for a week. love you guys. see ya.