Saturday, March 31, 2007

Montana Night!!!!!!!!



Heres vinj being a cowboy on Monatan night.
All the staff served us our dinner and decorated the dinning hall just like the restraunt "Monatans"! There was even a deer mounted on the wall! It was so fun and everybody dressed up in anything cowboyish they could!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhMxzH3hA5XHtpVnMGF3TAgRGt-ZSPA_85CUznimWLgbBjw5S9orbjgCd9NCS_c5OVq_oIZ0XHUME0GPak_92uVOurAizyP6z0YOWFxW8tHU7qCGpYkfwf_m5mksXpUKGmzeuQK/s1600-h/Katheting+pudding.JPG">

Therer were a few contests and of corse I put my hand up to volunteer! I had to eat this huge cow pie (pudding)along with 5 other people, it ended up that the person to win was a little boy (the two kids got little plates, so we had no chance againt them!)
anyway it was fun!



After the dinner they had a square dancing night, it went on for about three hours, with a rel square dancing guy talking over the mic, he taught everybody the dances. there were about 50 people dncing! I couldn't dance, I wnted to SOOOOOOO much, but my ankle was more important, so one of my friends here on the base took my pace her name is pearl and she comes from Kenya, so her an vinj dance the night away:) hahaha

will post more later

7 comments:

~*Trisha*~ said...

I hope your foot is getting better sweetheart. Good to see the fun you guys are having on the base. I leave in 2 days so hopefully we can catch each other on msn or something before I take off. Miss you both! (p.s. I made a scrapbook to take with me of people in my life and I love the page I made for you guys. Next time I see you I'll have to show it to you!)

Paul said...

Hey whats up guys??? Long time no hear... Can you believe it, but I didn't even know that you guys had a blogspot, so this is my first visit to your site... VERY INFORMATIVE... I'm SO glad to hear that you're both finally doing that FCD course... Sorry to hear about your ankle Kathryn, looks nice and colourful though at the moment... Hope it heals quickly... I fell off a motorbike last year and got really badly injured and my shoulder is still playing up, so I empathise with your pain... Otherwise, would love to get in contact with you some way or another... I'm still in the same place and doing the same thing... Will be visiting this blog again... See you

Paul Sessions

Karyn said...

what a hoot! Sounds like a great time. I'm so glad you let wisdom rule, Kath - I know how much you would have liked to participate in the square dancing. I've always thought that was an activity that looked like a whole lot of fun - especially the "twirly" skirts. :)
Good thing Vinj bought up all those cowboy shirts!

Mike and Tor said...

Hey guys,
Good to hear that you made it down south safe and sound. I haven't had the chance to read mom's blog about your base yet, but it sounds nice. Glad to hear as well that you are getting closer to your goals in support.
We just got back home from holidays and I'm back at work today. Lots to do so I must run - just wanted to say hey and that we're thinking of you guys.
You should see a new blog post with pics on our site soon.
Luv you!

Sarah said...

Hi! Our mutual friend Shane Wright emailed us your blog. Nice to meet you! It looks like we have similar interests and share a heart for Africa. I'm from the USA and my husband Shane is from Canada. We met in YWAM in 1997, and three years later, got married! We just had our first baby and are really enjoying that. To get a feel for us and what we are all about, you can check out my blog (Shane doesn't really blog, but I post almost every other day).

Sarah said...

Hi, me again. I just wanted to apologize because I commented before I read any other posts. I'm really sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I hope you can forgive my insensitivity (I feel like I'm off to a bad start here). Perhaps you would be inspired and encouraged by this blog: www.ninetynineballoons.com
It's written by a couple who just lost their 3 month old son and all that God has spoken to them through it. Blessings to you...

Anonymous said...

that looks like alot of fun. thank you kath for not dancing, you showed wisdom in your choice. good to hear that you are having a good time.

dan