Friday, September 24, 2010

A Blog by vinjelu!

A blog from Vinj! Wow!

Yesterday I had a bit of a break down. I felt as though life had become so busy and there seemed to be so many things vying for my attention and time. Then I shared with Kath and she helped me unravel what was really going on inside me. Thank God for her, every day...

I WANT to walk every second of everyday with Jesus, to commune with the Holy Spirit and to hold the hand of the Father. I found that I was walking more and more on my own strength and i felt as though my strength was waning . Ever felt like that? Feeling it is one thing but facing the fact that you are not where you ought to be is another. So Kath I and I decided to make some changes. We (mostly Kath to be honest) cleaned the house. That seems to always be a good start!

Today we woke up, made coffee and had some prayer time with Kath. Kath read out Ephisians 4. It talkes about getting off your butt ( bluntly speaking) and going to do what God has called you to do. So we did. We decided to take a ‘walk about’ around our community and get to know our neighbors. We met a man who’s name is Collins and had a chat at his home and prayed for him. It was amazing to see how openly we were recieved. Seth and Taliah just blended in like they always seem to do and Kath and I chatted to this man. Our kids were helping one of the girls there with lunch prep. This involved taking the heads off dried Kapenta (tiny little minnow like fish). Sitting there in the shade of a tree with little boys running around and other kids getting ready to go to school and talking to man who did not know us from a can of paint, I saw again why God called me back home ( zambia) and called my family here. It is not just to build building and grow food but it is to take the time to reach out into the souls of men and enourage their broken spirit that God loves them and cares about every minute detail of a person’s heart.

So we began our day by asking God what He wanted us to do with our day, and he did. May this be the pattern of our lives here in Zambia. Because without HIM we can do NOTHING.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear from you Vinjelu. To know Him and to walk with Him is our joy and our challenge. Surrender everyday and resting in who He is, is the only way, I know no other. The strength of our enemy is found in our lack of surrender to God's love. Therefore, I choose to surrender. It does not always happen, but I still choose to choose it.

Karyn said...

This IS what you and Kath are most gifted in, Vinj.....relating to people, building relationships, loving people where they are at.

Thanks for sharing what God is doing inside you!

I love you so much and am proud of you!

Karyn said...

Can't wait to join you on a 'walk about'!

Susan said...

Hey Vinj! It's Susan remember Susan and Justin and Ninja(Nij) I am interested in adopting one of those children! I may not make the Buku Bucks but I have a very freindly home and a lot of love to offer!
I had to reschedule surgery because my landlord took me to court on the day of! Nice eh! Anyway I am looking for a nice place to live by the end of February! You know the type the ones that play well with others!
Love Susan,Justin,Melissa,and Ninja!Text me @1-780-608-8168 ok!

PETER said...

BLESS YOU VINJY AND YOUR FMLY.MAN I CANT STILL FIND YOU ON FACEBOOK.AND YOU FIND MINE?PETER