Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Explode or break down and Cry....

As always vinjelu is fighting for a visa.
We need a student Visa for vinj to get into the states to do the Community Development School.
They almost make it inpossible for honest poeple to even have everything together for an interview.
They make you feel like a rat in the corner surrounded by exterminators... maybe if you say the right thing they'll let you go past.
It is seriously the MOST FRUSTRATING TIME EVER! I hate it sooooo much. I am so tired of dealing with stupid immegration officers and voice activated machines that tell you nothing.
Anyway we have one praise report and that is that vinjelu does not have to fly to Vancouver for an appointment. We managed to get an appointment in Calgary this friday, so will hopfully have everything togther by tomarrow.
We are rushing into Calgary tomarrow to get all of his papers ready.

Tyler shows my frustration in this photo. Sometimes you just want to fight it out with immmegration. Aysh, I wish it was that easy. If you read this on Thursday, PLEASE PLEASE remeber to pray for Vinjelu as he's going in for the interview on Friday morning at 9am, and please pray nothing stupid happens with the truck or getting down town. Thanx everyone.

ON the same hand, we are also applying for Permanent residence in Canada... oh ahppy day... not.

Sorry shell and trish for not calling this has been a huge stress on top of that I have been sick. Feel free to call it's my parents number that they've always had.

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Sorry guys, but I had to chuckle at the perfect photos you chose to illustrate your feelings!

Try to leave the rest to God and rest in His arms.

To quote your Dad..."If you don't got faith, you don't have nothin' " Or something like that.

BTW - It might be a good idea to let us all know of these trials BEFORE it comes down to the wire so we can be praying for you as you go along - you never know.....that extra prayer might help you to NOT have to break down!

Love you both - drive safe and when will you be back? I forget what you said.

I'll be praying for you meeting with YWAM tomorrow, too, Vinj. I know YOU will keep your cool - even if you get mad.

Mike and Tor said...

I agree with mom Kath, if you let us know ahead, you will be more confident knowing that you have support LEADING up to the situations that are less than desired.
I had to laugh though at the pic you put of Tyler. I know exactly what he was doing there - showing you his tiger or monster impersonation. I'm sure he's growling at the same time...lol. I was trying to figure out where you took the picture though because it doesn't look like my parent's house. The only think I can think of is that it's at Ethel's house...am I right?
I will be keeping you in prayer for today and tomorrow and the next few days. Praying that you will get there safe and sound, collect all the items and papers that you need and that God will give you favor and guidance through this process. I pray that HIS will be done.
When are you coming back from Calgary? You guys have been close for a bit now and we haven't been able to get together. Michael is (as usual) working alot so it would be cool if you could come and hang at our house. (Bribe...) We have a new mattress on our guest bed...and it's super nice.

Keep us updated.

Karyn said...

That is a photo that I took at your shower, Tor. You are right, it was at your Aunt's house. And Tyler was being a Tiger. I have one of Emma as well, doing the same thing but Tyler is better at it. :)

Jan said...

Been thinking about you guys all day- let us all know how everything went.

~*Trisha*~ said...

Hey guys,
It was great talking to you the other night. I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see you both again. Glad everything went so well and worked out in Calgary. Prayer works for sure :) I'll call maybe Tuesday or Wednesday again. Let me know what day works best for you guys.