Thursday, January 11, 2007

Feelings & one of my favorite things...

I love this photo of elizabeth. I found it in moms pictures last night. It caught my eye Number one- because Elizabeth is breath-takingly beautiful, but also because the way she looks in this photo seems to capture how i've been feeling latley.
vinjelu and I have enbarked on a journey into missions, which seems to be the hardest start I've ever had, and almost doesn't make sence some times. We've really been struggling through these past two to three months, wondering what we're doing right and what needs to change. I feel I've run off a bridge like in the photo, I am excited and feel free, but a little scared too.
Vinj and I have said many times we wish there was a different way to run the world then with money... it complicates things so much. But thats an obvious fantacy... just sharing that this season of life has been hard and we're trying to figure out how you start out in missions without wondering about how you're going to make the payments every day. I want to ask the quesion too of what God is teaching me through all this...
I don't know
...

If there is one thing that brings me life almost as much as the presence of God it's my three Nieces. Elizabeth-Sophia-and Emma. They are so full of joy, over christmas I sat down with the video camera and asked the girls what christmas meant to them, they're asnwers amazed me! They understand God's love so much, and they give it in all there smiles, hugs, and all there incredible insight into the world.

I love them and miss them. Lana or emma if you're reading this I MISS YOU! And hopfully see you soon.

P.S Emma you promised to come see me in January, I'm in New NOrway now so it's not so far to come!

Sophia looks so incredibly adorable in this photo!

She is wearing a dress that was mine when I was a little girl.
She's so beautiful

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what beautiful children! i love the bridge photo! i'm excited for you guys...and i really enjoy your posts. i'll be praying for you and your finance situation. oh, and i'm confused...are you guys living with kath's parents now or what?

i bet you guys are so cold up there! i'm so tired of the winter (even this pitiful alabama one!)...i miss the african sun so much! Here lately, our winter has felt like the rainy season in cape town...cold and wet. remember those miserable days?! but i miss them. miss you guys too. i miss the culture of that '04 group durbanville group. hope you guys are well!

mandy

mandy

Anonymous said...

Hey mandy do you have a blog??? Or somthin we can see your up dates on?

Yes for now we are living with my parents, untill March. Thanks for thinking about us, especailly with the money. We just need to trust God and keep on keeping on.

Ya I really miss that group and time. Wendy might be moving in with us for a year or two up here. Maybe you can pay us a visit next year?! And maybe we can mae it down there in the next year or two, I've nevre really been to the states. (although we will hopfully be going down to Montana.)
Anyway, hope you read this and let me knwo if you have a site or somthing!

Kathryn

Anonymous said...

i don't have a blog unfortunatly, but i do have a myspace page that i update every so often...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=47132124

hope to hear from you guys soon! you can also email me at mandrin99@hotmail.com

~*Trisha*~ said...

Hi lovey!
Thanks for the comments on my blog. Please do call soon! Enjoy settling in and renovations!

Jan said...

Kath- you JUST posted on my blog and i am trying to catch you to see if you think you will be stopping by...crazy that I was just on there and then another comment popped up! call me if you are coming by 783-5593

~*Trisha*~ said...

Miss you ... e-mail me your phone number and I'll call you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathryn for sharing your heart. I have a special knowledge of you, your dreams and your wishes. Just a couple of days ago, Lisa (medic) sent me a picture of mother Tereasa and the Holy Father. I tried to save it and send it to you. You heart to reach out and make it better, will never go away as it was created by God. He is the one who made you and He will give you the path to follow. Our part is trust...not always so easy is it Kath ;) Take alot of time, and I mean, alot of time to look around you and really see who God is. He is all around us. We just don't shut up long enough to really see. Seeing comes first, then understand, then transformation. I guess that is why the bible teaches us to be still and know that He is God. The being still part has never been your strength, and will always be your challenge. But as you see that part of you, which by the way, was created by God, in truth, you will begin to see God in the hallway, on the step, across the drive way, through the door, on the mantle, in the store, by the corner, through the crowd. You will realize that God is real and it is only He who is, real. You heart will pound, only for Him and his message of love. That pounding in your chest will bring you peace that shoot passed your understanding so fast, He will have to catch you and keep from falling down. So, in our own strength, running across the corded bridge feels out of control and even frightening. But, running across the corded bridge by faith is the true extreme sport as you know the outcome - it is good. For He is good. It is not a sad or scary story but a story filled with mystery and intrigue.

Kath, you need to know God well to know when He just winked at you. Until you can tell when He winks, you do not really know Him. Make that you goal, not worry about money, people, sick or starving. As you are able to tell when God is winking at you, the power of His love will blast out of you with the power of heaven and set the captives free. You will not be able to contain it. A lid as a capture, will forever be lost. The starving will eat and be full, the sick will rise and feed the hungry, the sad by themselves will make a friend, the frighten will shine in the darkness.

Has God winked at you today?

Dad