Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday

Vinj and I are in town ordering things for the house. Tiles, and guess what! We got tiles for the price we didnt think would be possible, we prayed and asked God and we got them for about $22 per 2 square meters! WOOHOO! Also got a toilet, basic and sink also basic! : )

Vinjelu and I are going to be laying red brick for our counters, and just lay wood over top for the counter top. So we will be looking for some red Brick for this as well! Should be kinda fun, although I've never done anything like it.

We are doing ok, there are challenges Vinjelu is obviously better then me this is his home, and it's so different for me. Most of all I miss my mom and dad, I wish they could come here half the year and just be with us.... That is next on my list of prayers! So how am I mom...?
Well it depends dont he moment... sometimes I look around and am so overwhelmbed by it all... and others I am happy and excited. I miss my family and am sad every time Seth asks for his mama or papa or aunty and uncles. When the kids were throwing up I was so distressed, I hate that it has to happen, but we met another fmaily the wife is American and they have two kids coloured like ours, both around our kids ages, they said all four of them puked for 2 weeks in the beggining of being in Zambia, they have been here for 4 months now and said they are all very good now. So I look forward to that. And I also look forward to getting to know this couple. Once our house is livable I think things will settle and we will feel much better.

Mom come visit soon...

5 comments:

Karyn said...

I'm sure you will find your groove, so to speak. You haven't even been there a week! Of course you are overwhelmed some times. Give yourself time. you will settle in.

So glad to hear of your great deal on tile! I know that is what you wanted.

Have fun making your house into a home! The kids will be excited to have so much space.

Let me know when you have screens and glass on the windows. :)

~*Trisha*~ said...

Thank you for keeping us up to date on how things are going there!

What an awesome deal on the tiles. Praise God :) Where are you guys staying for now until the house is fully ready?

Praying for sickness to leave your family completely and for the settling in process. Also hoping that the other couple you mentioned will become great friends to your family! Love you all :D

Anonymous said...

What causes the nausea?

Anonymous said...

Yay - it will be fun to build your own home. There is a really neat sense of pride (the good kind) that comes when you work hard at something in your home. Then your house turns from a nice place that you live in to YOURS. Your work, your sweat, your time, imagination, learning, love...YOU.
Can't wait until it's all done and we get to see the final product. I'm sure you are looking forward to having your home done too. Are you living somewhere else in the meantime? Or just in the shared room for the nights that you put pics up of? Miss you
Tor

arlene said...

It's great to picture it along with you Kath...I'm praying you all settle in well and stay healthy. What an adventure!