Thursday, June 24, 2010

Play, eat, sleep, work, laundry... and again

Between 6am and 6:45am we wake up, get the kids dressed in warmer clothes because the morning is chilly, then release them to play for a while. at 7am breakfast is served usually consists of bread, peanut butter and tea and some times oats as well. I love the tea in the morning! The kids dont eat much of that breakfast so I usually get some of our yogurt out and have them eat some of that. After breakfast Seth PLAYS and PLAYS and PLAYS, right now he has his Mcqueen and king cars in the charcoal which was a fire last night. I just take his pants off because he gets VERY DIRTY by 11am he is ready for a bath, but he only gets that after supper. Taliah does her fair share of playing in the dirt, although for the last few days she has been having a nap at about 10am.
There are many young people around here doing outreach and a training school, all of them adore the kids, and they are started to like the young people as well.

Vinj and I are doing two majour things, as a base we are applying for a grant from the Japan embassy for the clinic to be built here. So I have been doing administrative things for this, and vinjelu is getting quotes for everything from three different places, this is not a small job AT ALL!
Also our house, there have been guys here since tuesday laying tiles on our floor, hoping they will finish up tomorrow. Wightson vinjelus best friend will also be finishing up the elctrical by Saturday. Vinjelu and I have been working on the plumbing, digging out a ditch for the pluming pipes to go from the bathroom and the kitchen, also filling in the walls for the septic tank, the DTS did a WHOLE lots of work before we came as well digging out the septic tank etc. After work like that I was in bed by 7pm last night! haha!

So the rest of the week looks like that for us. The kids seem to b good health wise yesterday and today, Taliah is cutting a tooth today though and is not too happy. She has now cut three teeth all together one bottom one and both top ones. I will get a picture if I can.

On top of the clinic and house we have an outreach team coming from Canada we are hosting, and need to get on top of that!

Vinj and I got to lead worship and share the word on Tuesday night at the base community meeting, and it went really well. Only I had to leave when vinj was sharing because both kids cant really make it past 8:30pm without melting down, getting up so early!

Am going to edit some pictures and hope to post some today on facebook.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for posting pics on facebook! I love to see where you are living and of course to see you guys too!

Sounds like busy days for you all! Looking forward to seeing photos of the house as you get things finished!

Anonymous said...

My, my we are busy now aren't we.
Thank for the insight into how your days are going. Vinjelu, I ask that you as well post on this site. I don't want to loose connection with you.