Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Uganda- and leaving Uganda.....

Sorry guys, our old lap top won't detect our camera hooked up to it... so couldn't put up photos... maybe later we can. We will keep trying.

Lots of changes in our plans.

I kathryn have been going through alot, had a little bit of a break down yesterday, was just tired and coulnd't go out. So desided I woulnd't be going with the team for the next two weeks. THEN I spoke to the YWAM doctor on the base, he told me that there is a VERY HIGH RISK of malaria right here at the base. basically if I am not taking anything to prevent it- that I WILL get malaria. So we were not aware of this at all. There is not preventative malara medicine that I can take that is totaly safe for the baby. So we are leaving Uganda tomarrow.

I am going to a doctor today to check if I have it already, also for a normal pre natal appointment.

So we will be on a bus to Kenya tomarrow. Kenya is still in cold seson and very dry where were at, so there is little if NO risk of malaria there. The doctor was very concerned and gave us all those facts. so we will be finishing our outreach in zambia, possibly changing our flights to go to Zambia earlier.

Thats it for now. Will post more after the doctors appointment.

3 comments:

~*Trisha*~ said...

Hey guys,
Glad to hear that everything is going well with the baby. Praise God that the tests are showing the malaria is not in your body yet. I am praying for you both. Safe traveling back to Kanya and Zambia. Missing you guys as always!

Karyn said...

Of course, this is the best decision you could have made. I am sure that you both will be less stressed by finishing your assignment at your "home base". I hope your trip to Kenya is uneventful and you are able to rest. let us know asap that you are safely arrived.

It was good to hear a lift in your voice today, Kath. I'm sure that had to do with the experience of "meeting" your little one via the wonders of medical technology!

Looking forward to some photos when you get to Zed.

Love you both!

arlene said...

Whew, we are praying for you guys, and this news is something specific we will target.

God's richest blessings,

arlene and the guys